August 13, 2021 2 min read
We do not recommend sending this dripper as a gift to your barista friends because they probably already have one! ;)
Staple for many pourover coffee enthusiasts, this brewing tool is fantastic for showcasing the subtle notes of coffee as well as being relatively easy to use. It makes a clean cup, free of sediments and lighter in body compared to an Aeropress and a French Press.
There are a ton of recipes on the internet for this dripper but here is how we generally start with a new coffee.
Ground Coffee: 15g, medium
Brew ratio: 1:15
1. Wet paper filter with hot water to remove unwanted matter and to heat up brewer.
2. 15g of freshly ground coffee in. Set timer and pour 40g of water in a spiral motion to bloom.
3. Wait for 30 seconds, or 40s if your coffee is ultra fresh and needs more time to degas.
4. Pour 60g of water at a time until you achieve 225g. Right after the last pour, gently swirl the dripper to achieve a flat coffee bed.
5. Total brew time should be between 3 to 4 minutes, depending on the coffee profile that you prefer.
If the acidity is overwhelming when you taste it, you can grind your coffee finer to achieve a longer brew time. If your coffee taste bitter and astringent, you can grind coarser to achieve a shorter brew time.
It's that simple! Now that you have the basic guidelines, you can try it for yourself and go from there! DM us or leave a comment below and share with us your experience. We are about brewing as a community, so let's chat! :)
View the V60 ceramic size 01 in white here
or a V60 resin size size 01 here
Alternatively, you can browse V60 Budget Bundle here
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Catch up with us for exclusive offers and pop-up events happening near you!